sábado, 30 de octubre de 2010

The World at Large

Ice-age heat wave, can't complain.
If the world's at large, why should I remain?
Walked away to another plan.
Gonna find another place, maybe one I can stand.
I move on to another day,
to a whole new town with a whole new way 

Jure Grando could have composed this song a long while ago. Such a long while ago. Centuries maybe, years perhaps. As he is the first vampire to be documented in records he has had quite a long time for composing, writing, painting... and whatever.

According to the legend he died in 1656, but he came back as a vampire. I guess he found his own town, Tinjan, as a whole new town in a new whole way.


Went to the porch to have a thought.
Got to the door and again, I couldn't stop.
You don't know where and you don't know when.
But you still got your words and you got your friends.
Walk along to another day.
Work a little harder, work another way. 


I guess Jure Grando didn't have friends any more. Either way, I am sure he worked another way. At least, his small village, Kringa, has included him in the history of the town: hundreds of tourists get drunk at a vampire themed bar.

I know that starting over is not what life's about.
But my thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth.
My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth.
My thoughts were so loud.

(The World at Large, Modest Mouse)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario